- Place the AED so you can see both the screen and the
- Turn on the AED
- Plug in the eletrode cables
- Remove the victim's shirt, shave excess hair and wipe
- Place one pad at the angle of the right collarbone
- Place the other pad under the left nipple on the side
of the chest
- Tell everyone to stand clear (say "Stand clear
everybody, nobody touch the victim. Stand clear everybody,
- Press analyze
- The AED will then tell you what to do
If "Shock is not advised" check pulse and if no pulse
perform CPR for 2 minutes. Then press analyze again.
If "Shock is advised"
Be sure that the victim is lying flat
Scissors, a razor and a cloth are provided in the AED kit. For
women, cut the bra and remove it.
Anterolateral placement of pads
Click to clear victim
Click to analyze